Difference between Induction Hardening and Flame Hardening
May 04, 2018
The Principle of Induction Hardening: Induction heating surface hardening is a kind of heating treatment technology about using electromagnetic induction, skin effect, eddy current, electric resistance heat and other eletromagnetic induction principles to make the surface of the workpiece be heated and cooled rapidly.
When the surface is hardened by induction heating equipment, the workpiece is placed in a sensor made of copper tube. When the alternating current of a certain frequency passes through the sensor, the workpiece surface that is placed in the alternating magnetic field will pruduce inductional current(eddy current). The eddy current makes the steel atoms and iron atoms in the workpiece move irregularly. Then these atoms collide and rub together and produce heat energy. Finally, our workpieces can be heated.
The principle of Flame Hardening: Flame surface hardening machine sprays the flame of a mixture gas of acetylene & oxygen or coal gas & oxygen onto the surface of the parts and heats rapidly. When temperature reachs the quenching degree, it cools the workpiece through spraying water or emulsified liquid. The deepth of hardening layer is generally 2-6mm. If the layer is too deep, it will make the part surface be too hot and cause quenching crack.
Advantages of Induction Hardening that is compared with Flame Hardening:
1. The working speed of induction hardening machine is extremely high. Even it only needs several seconds. The martensite structure of quenching layer is small and has good mechanical properties.
2. Induction heater's surface is not easily oxidation and decarbonization. Its deformation is small and the deepth of quenching layer is manageable.
3. Surface hardness is higher 2-3 HRC than general quenching. Meanwhile, it has lower brittleness.
4. The workpiece after induction hardening has higher fatigue resistance and impact toughness.
5. Induction heating macine's installation, operation and maintenance is easy to learn and it don't need complex training.
6. Induction hardening machine can achieve mechanization and automation easily. So it has a high productional efficiency.
- Induction Heating Machine for Driving Wheels 60KW25-04
- Steel Rolling Mill for Steel Rebar Heating Line23-04
- Bars Induction Forging Machine 20KW20-01
- Hot Rolling Steel Ball Heating Production Line07-12
- Induction Heating Generator 400KW for Ball Head23-11
- Square Steel Induction Heating Power Supply 120KW22-11
- Induction Heating Power Supply 30KW for Rivet22-11
- Ball Pin Induction Forging Machine 600KW17-11
- Induction Heat-Treating Equipment03-13
- Flate Surface Hardening Process in Induction Heating Machine08-15
- Bars Induction Heating Machine for Improvement of Aluminum Alloy Induction Heat Treating Process06-15
- Annealing of Steel 02-17
- Internal Spline Gear Quenching Process in Induction Hardening Equipment 05-25
- Battery Shell Steel Strip Induction Annealing Process with Induction Annealing Machine for Shells06-29
- Crankshaft Induction Hardneing Process in Half Shaft Induction Hardening Machine 250KW 04-13
- Induction Welding04-19
- Heat Treatments to Increase Strength02-09
- Spring Heat Treatment Process in Round Bar Induction Heating Generator 04-19
- Difference between Induction Hardening and Flame Hardening05-04
- Slender Shaft Quenching Process in Gear Induction Hardening Equipment05-18